Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

369. Tired Of Waiting by The Kinks 1965




















While I remember the Kinks from the sixties it wasn't until the early seventies that I really started to love the Kinks. I kind of got it all a little backward and first of all started buying their lessor albums from that time although I did love them. Albums like Preservation Act 2 and Soap Opera were great but as I went back the albums just got so much better . What I realised is that the body of work from the Kinks in the sixties was so wonderful and so influential I always get amazed when people list the big bands of the sixties as the Beatles, the Stones and The Who. I guess that's what makes them a little bit special.
Tired of Waiting was their 3rd hit single after You Really Got Me and All The Day And All The Night. Those first bunch of singles told a story of love gone wrong. I always dreamed of making six singles in a year. Little Murders unfortunately only got to make one a year!
Still this is just one of those bloody brilliant songs that even though it takes a steady pace is just full of power. I often sit around playing those opening chords in the backroom while the family tries to avoid my steady drone. However I can't do those high vocals, which is a shame. Though I guess that's a blessing for the family.
Did I mention I met Ray Davies? I gave him the set of Little Murders singles. I said I've got all of your records so now you have all of mine! I wonder if he still has them?

No comments:

Post a Comment