Search This Blog

Saturday, March 3, 2012

366. Anything, Anything by Dramarama 1985


Released in the the mid eighties but a song I always associate with the Lizard lounge. Actually I first started playing it in my DJ set at the Beehive which was an offshoot from Rubber Soul. Opened up in the hotel that used to stand next to the Yarra and the Freeway in Punt Road it was incredibly successful. Too successful I guess because the owners decided we were making too much money and took it over for themselves basically killing the venue. I've seen it so many times. Club or pub owners get someone in to promote a night then if it's successful try to claw either the whole night back or get more money out of the promoters. Then it all falls apart.
Beehive moved to the Carron Tavern in West Melbourne. Had some great nights there but we gave it up to move to a bigger venue in KAOS at the old Therapy! nightclub. Except for a brilliant Smiths night that didn't work out. Not long after I started the Lizard Lounge. We had a brilliant decade there. It was the 90s all wrapped up. Then they decided to do up the place and throw us out and that was the end of that.
I must of played this song twice a week for 10 years at the Lizard. It never failed to get people on the dance floor shaking it. Screaming Anything Anything at the top of their voices. Top stuff. Unfortunately I don't know any other songs by this band. Too overwhelmed by the one song that I don't feel like searching out more.

No comments:

Post a Comment