Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

237. Rubber Bullets by 10CC 1973

10cc Rubber Bullets Live

Box Hill High school. The lockers were under the school hall. And so was the canteen. Which meant we could get to the canteen before the others got there. I used to buy a knot roll and a packet of chips. Made chip rolls for recess. They had a radio in the canteen and the sound would echo around the lockers while we chomped down. One day this song came on. Great song. Seemed to go for ages. I liked the pop stuff that was coming out of England but no one else in my year cared for it. Glam was great. They were still looking for the next Creedence or Hendrix. Or some kind of blues jam. I liked stuff on the commercial radio. Please don't mention the blues to me. Just one up from Jazz. This track was a one off. The only other song of their's I liked was I'm Not In Love. And that was just teenage self pity.
I must admit that that period of rock did throw up a lot of Fifties pastiche records mind you.

No comments:

Post a Comment